Island Farm Donkey Sanctuary only functions due to the generosity of the public. There are many ways you can help out, not just by giving money. If you are able to give some of your own time to help out with the variety of work that needs doing at the donkey sanctuary, please get in touch with us. We are always keen to hear from new volunteers. Perhaps you have special skills or experience that you feel can benefit the Donkey Sanctuary or maybe you just want to give some of your time to come and help look after the donkeys. In either case, please get in touch.
Tasks undertaken by our volunteers include:
- Helping to look after the donkeys, including
- Yard work such as mucking-out stables, ensuring clean water is available and all areas are clean, tidy and safe for both people and animals.
- Preparing food for the donkeys
- Grooming and day-to-day donkey health checks
- Helping with admin tasks in the office e.g. with mail outs to our supporters
- Fundraising at the sanctuary e.g. working in the cafe and gift shop, helping at our events – many of which take place at weekends
- Fundraising for the sanctuary by organizing other events such as cake sales or coffee mornings
- Collecting and donating things that the sanctuary can use to raise funds to help the donkeys. Examples of things we collect include
- Used postage stamps – from any country worldwide, incl. UK
- Used printer cartridges
If you have other items to donate please contact us to find out if we can use them.
Volunteers are asked to register their interest by completing a volunteer information form – IFDS Volunteer Form. Please note that we are unable to offer lifts to volunteers so you would need to provide your own transport to get to the sanctuary. Thank you for your generosity.